T-Mobile now unlimited, too -- who’s next?
Not to be outdone, T-Mobile joins AT&T, Verizon in offering unlimited calling plans
Contrary to analyst predictions, T-Mobile is the third company to announce it will offer consumers an unlimited pricing plan today. Just like its larger competitors, AT&T and Verizon, T-Mobile’s plan will run for $100, with the added bonus of unlimited texting and picture messaging. These services typically cost T-Mobile users $15 per month when added to other plans.
First to the scene, Verizon announced its new unlimited options in the early morning, to be followed within hours by AT&T. T-Mobile, the fourth biggest wireless operator, marks the third announcement of the day. Beginning on Thursday, the plan will be available to existing and new customers on T-Mobile’s network.
Don’t forget about small provider Helio. The MVNO, which borrows Sprint’s network, lowered its unlimited calling plan to $100, down from $150, in early February. Its plan includes unlimited Web use, e-mail and text messaging. Sprint is currently in trial runs of its unlimited offerings in a few select markets, but no nationwide announcements have been made. This brings the total carriers supporting unlimited, ubiquitous calling plans to four. If today’s news is any indication, however, this is a trend that is catching on--quickly.
Want to use this article? Click here for options!
© 2014 Penton Media Inc.
In this Webinar you will learn how to create a real-time relationship with your customers, how to proactively improve the customer experience, and how to successfully target and cross-sell services to boost incremental revenue.
- Megabytes to Megabucks, Bandwidth to Business Models: How 4G Is Changing Everything
- How to Unplug Your Redundant Telco Apps To Save Money and Improve Efficiency
- When IaaS Isn't Enough: Service Provider Business Models to Drive Growth and Build Margin
- How to Transform Your Aging Telco Voice Network to Drive New Profits and Revenue
- Creative Licensing Approaches for Telcos & Their Network Equipment Vendors
- Smart Home Opportunity: Balancing Customer Data & Privacy
This paper discusses the rise of Diameter and benefits of Diameter Protocol.
- Conducting The Orchestration – Order Management at the Speed of Business
- Toward a Converged Network Edge
- Beyond Spam – Email Security in the Age of Blended Threats
- 6 Important Steps to Evaluating a Web Filtering Solution
- The Expertise to Protect You from Botnet and DDoS Attacks
- Seeing is Believing – Bridging the Order Visibility Gap
Service providers are under tremendous pressure to turn up new services faster then before and, at the same time,
to do it at less expense - and intra-office fiber is one of the biggest challenges in terms of both cost and service
From the Blog
Join the Discussion
Get more out of Connected Planet by visiting our related resources below:
Connected Planet highlights the next generation of service providers, as well as how their customers use services in new ways.Subscribe Now