Cingular takes MySpace mobile
Cingular has ended Helio’s lock on popular lifestyle portal MySpace, announcing today a deal to include MySpace content on its data-enabled mobile phones.
The partnership is the first MySpace has struck with a major carrier and dovetails on a more limited agreement the two operators announced at CTIA to record ringtones from MySpace musical artists. The service comes in the form of a Java application customers can download through premium SMS or the Cingular MEdia store. That application, however, contains much of the functionality of a standard MySpace account, allowing customers to search out profiles, send and receive e-mail, post blog entries on their own profiles as well as comments on other users’ profiles, and even upload photos stored on the phone.
At CTIA’s fall show, Wireless IT and Entertainment, News Corp announced it planned to take MySpace fully mobile, hiring portal and application developer UI Evolution to build a universal application for mobile phones.
Cingular will charge $3 a month for the service in addition to standard data charges.
Want to use this article? Click here for options!
© 2013 Penton Media Inc.
In this Webinar you will learn how to create a real-time relationship with your customers, how to proactively improve the customer experience, and how to successfully target and cross-sell services to boost incremental revenue.
- Megabytes to Megabucks, Bandwidth to Business Models: How 4G Is Changing Everything
- How to Unplug Your Redundant Telco Apps To Save Money and Improve Efficiency
- When IaaS Isn't Enough: Service Provider Business Models to Drive Growth and Build Margin
- How to Transform Your Aging Telco Voice Network to Drive New Profits and Revenue
- Creative Licensing Approaches for Telcos & Their Network Equipment Vendors
- Smart Home Opportunity: Balancing Customer Data & Privacy
This paper discusses the rise of Diameter and benefits of Diameter Protocol.
- Conducting The Orchestration – Order Management at the Speed of Business
- Toward a Converged Network Edge
- Beyond Spam – Email Security in the Age of Blended Threats
- 6 Important Steps to Evaluating a Web Filtering Solution
- The Expertise to Protect You from Botnet and DDoS Attacks
- Seeing is Believing – Bridging the Order Visibility Gap
Service providers are under tremendous pressure to turn up new services faster then before and, at the same time,
to do it at less expense - and intra-office fiber is one of the biggest challenges in terms of both cost and service
From the Blog
Join the Discussion
Get more out of Connected Planet by visiting our related resources below:
Connected Planet highlights the next generation of service providers, as well as how their customers use services in new ways.Subscribe Now