VON: Verizon adds to wholesale VoIP offer
SAN JOSE--Verizon Business this week added to its wholesale VoIP portfolio, launching a Carrier IP Termination Transport product that will enable its customers to lower the cost of transport service.
The new offering joins an existing Carrier IP Termination SIP product but is different in a couple of ways, said Mike Yancey, director of wholesale voice product marketing at Verizon Business.
“With the SIP product, our customers had to guarantee calls originated as VoIP, and with this product, we take away that requirement,” Yancey said. “Now the calls can be converted within the network for transport economies, and they can be handed off to us as IP transport.”
In addition, all calls are handled at the interstate rates, including calls that might be intrastate. Because of regulatory anomalies, intrastate calls are still billed at a higher rate than interstate, so this represents a savings to customers, Yancey said.
Verizon Business now operates in 2000 rate centers covering 60% of the U.S. population and continues to expand, Yancey said. The company also is building on its wholesale VoIP portfolio, planning to launch enhancements to its SIP Gateway service later this year.
Currently, the options for SIP Gateway include inbound calls only, a two-way local service with number assignment, operator service, 911 and directory assistance or a two-way complete service that adds long-distance.
Want to use this article? Click here for options!
© 2013 Penton Media Inc.
In this Webinar you will learn how to create a real-time relationship with your customers, how to proactively improve the customer experience, and how to successfully target and cross-sell services to boost incremental revenue.
- Megabytes to Megabucks, Bandwidth to Business Models: How 4G Is Changing Everything
- How to Unplug Your Redundant Telco Apps To Save Money and Improve Efficiency
- When IaaS Isn't Enough: Service Provider Business Models to Drive Growth and Build Margin
- How to Transform Your Aging Telco Voice Network to Drive New Profits and Revenue
- Creative Licensing Approaches for Telcos & Their Network Equipment Vendors
- Smart Home Opportunity: Balancing Customer Data & Privacy
This paper discusses the rise of Diameter and benefits of Diameter Protocol.
- Conducting The Orchestration – Order Management at the Speed of Business
- Toward a Converged Network Edge
- Beyond Spam – Email Security in the Age of Blended Threats
- 6 Important Steps to Evaluating a Web Filtering Solution
- The Expertise to Protect You from Botnet and DDoS Attacks
- Seeing is Believing – Bridging the Order Visibility Gap
Service providers are under tremendous pressure to turn up new services faster then before and, at the same time,
to do it at less expense - and intra-office fiber is one of the biggest challenges in terms of both cost and service
From the Blog
Join the Discussion
Get more out of Connected Planet by visiting our related resources below:
Connected Planet highlights the next generation of service providers, as well as how their customers use services in new ways.Subscribe Now