Verimatrix lands two IOC deals
IPTV security vendor Verimatrix said it has signed deals to provide its Verimatrix Content Authority System (VCAS) to CC Communications and ETEX Communications, two independent telcos providing service in Nevada and Texas, respectively.
Verimatrix, which is 20% owned by Siemens, has developed a software-based approach to content protection that is built on the principles of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and X.509 digital certificates. The company also has been a long-time partner with Myrio (now owned by Siemens), a relationship that helped score Verimatrix a portion of a Chinese IPTV deal that will be watch by many in the industry.
“Because they have an open platform, they can integrate with anybody,” a Verimatrix spokeswoman said.
In the CC and ETEX deployments, the company will be using its Videomark watermarking technology that allows carriers to verify the authenticity and legal right to use content throughout the entire distribution chain.
CC Communications, the only county-owned telco in the country, provides service to 13,000 access lines in a rapidly growing portion Northern Nevada and has been one of the earliest adopters of IPTV. It OnNow! television service has more than 60 channels as well as video-on-demand. ETEX provides services to 17,000 access lines across 750 square miles in East Texas.
Want to use this article? Click here for options!
© 2013 Penton Media Inc.
In this Webinar you will learn how to create a real-time relationship with your customers, how to proactively improve the customer experience, and how to successfully target and cross-sell services to boost incremental revenue.
- Megabytes to Megabucks, Bandwidth to Business Models: How 4G Is Changing Everything
- How to Unplug Your Redundant Telco Apps To Save Money and Improve Efficiency
- When IaaS Isn't Enough: Service Provider Business Models to Drive Growth and Build Margin
- How to Transform Your Aging Telco Voice Network to Drive New Profits and Revenue
- Creative Licensing Approaches for Telcos & Their Network Equipment Vendors
- Smart Home Opportunity: Balancing Customer Data & Privacy
This paper discusses the rise of Diameter and benefits of Diameter Protocol.
- Conducting The Orchestration – Order Management at the Speed of Business
- Toward a Converged Network Edge
- Beyond Spam – Email Security in the Age of Blended Threats
- 6 Important Steps to Evaluating a Web Filtering Solution
- The Expertise to Protect You from Botnet and DDoS Attacks
- Seeing is Believing – Bridging the Order Visibility Gap
Service providers are under tremendous pressure to turn up new services faster then before and, at the same time,
to do it at less expense - and intra-office fiber is one of the biggest challenges in terms of both cost and service
From the Blog
Join the Discussion
Get more out of Connected Planet by visiting our related resources below:
Connected Planet highlights the next generation of service providers, as well as how their customers use services in new ways.Subscribe Now