Hari Haran moves up to CEO at LongBoard
The C-level shuffle continued this week at LongBoard, formerly Persona Software, formerly LongBoard, as the IP multimedia and mobile VoIP services company named Hari Haran as president and CEO. Haran had been senior vice president of global sales since March of last year.
JD Howards’s one-year reign as CEO ended today as he resigned to pursue other interests. Howard was named CEO in April of last year and quickly changed the name of the company to Persona Software to reflect a focus on open, SIP-based personal mobility applications.
By Feb. 13, 2006, the company took back its original name, citing its recognition in markets such as Japan and Europe.
Haran is a 25-year veteran of the telecommunications industry. Prior to LongBoard, he worked for several start-ups in a senior level capacity. He also was vice president and general manager for Lucent Technologies in Europe and the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region.
Haran has managed a P&L practice for Bell Labs managing a P&L practice, and opened up new markets in Latin America, where he served as director of sales for Mexico.
Founded in 1999, LongBoard is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. It also has offices in London and Tokyo. The company’s flagship product is the OnePhone Fixed Mobile Convergence (FMC) solution. It is an IMS-compliant solution that provides seamless handover between Wi-Fi and cellular networks and delivers advanced communications services to any IP-enabled device. It is supported by LongBoard’s Multi-Media Application Platform, which has been installed in carrier networks since 2001.
Want to use this article? Click here for options!
© 2014 Penton Media Inc.
In this Webinar you will learn how to create a real-time relationship with your customers, how to proactively improve the customer experience, and how to successfully target and cross-sell services to boost incremental revenue.
- Megabytes to Megabucks, Bandwidth to Business Models: How 4G Is Changing Everything
- How to Unplug Your Redundant Telco Apps To Save Money and Improve Efficiency
- When IaaS Isn't Enough: Service Provider Business Models to Drive Growth and Build Margin
- How to Transform Your Aging Telco Voice Network to Drive New Profits and Revenue
- Creative Licensing Approaches for Telcos & Their Network Equipment Vendors
- Smart Home Opportunity: Balancing Customer Data & Privacy
This paper discusses the rise of Diameter and benefits of Diameter Protocol.
- Conducting The Orchestration – Order Management at the Speed of Business
- Toward a Converged Network Edge
- Beyond Spam – Email Security in the Age of Blended Threats
- 6 Important Steps to Evaluating a Web Filtering Solution
- The Expertise to Protect You from Botnet and DDoS Attacks
- Seeing is Believing – Bridging the Order Visibility Gap
Service providers are under tremendous pressure to turn up new services faster then before and, at the same time,
to do it at less expense - and intra-office fiber is one of the biggest challenges in terms of both cost and service
From the Blog
Join the Discussion
Get more out of Connected Planet by visiting our related resources below:
Connected Planet highlights the next generation of service providers, as well as how their customers use services in new ways.Subscribe Now