Verizon collapses wireline support numbers
Verizon has launched a new national customer service number – 1-800-VERIZON – for its wireline customers, replacing as many as 100 different numbers now in use. Customers needing help can dial that number from their wireline phone, and the call is automatically routed to the appropriate customer service center, or dial from any phone including a cellphone and report the problem before being routed to the appropriate customer service center.
“We wanted to take the burden off our customers’ backs and put it on our own,” said Bob Elek, Verizon spokesman. “Now they don’t have to hunt around.”
The new single-number system uses some proprietary, patent-pending technology from Verizon IT experts to knit together the customer service operations and the many disparate numbers, Elek said. There are more changes to come, including possibly linking Verizon Business and Verizon Wireless to the same customer support operation.
“But that’s down the road,” Elek said. “We need to crawl before we run.”
The new system was put in service on a market-by-market basis before being announced nationally and has performed well, Elek said. Also yet to come are process or staffing changes that may result from this new approach to customer service.
Want to use this article? Click here for options!
© 2013 Penton Media Inc.
In this Webinar you will learn how to create a real-time relationship with your customers, how to proactively improve the customer experience, and how to successfully target and cross-sell services to boost incremental revenue.
- Megabytes to Megabucks, Bandwidth to Business Models: How 4G Is Changing Everything
- How to Unplug Your Redundant Telco Apps To Save Money and Improve Efficiency
- When IaaS Isn't Enough: Service Provider Business Models to Drive Growth and Build Margin
- How to Transform Your Aging Telco Voice Network to Drive New Profits and Revenue
- Creative Licensing Approaches for Telcos & Their Network Equipment Vendors
- Smart Home Opportunity: Balancing Customer Data & Privacy
This paper discusses the rise of Diameter and benefits of Diameter Protocol.
- Conducting The Orchestration – Order Management at the Speed of Business
- Toward a Converged Network Edge
- Beyond Spam – Email Security in the Age of Blended Threats
- 6 Important Steps to Evaluating a Web Filtering Solution
- The Expertise to Protect You from Botnet and DDoS Attacks
- Seeing is Believing – Bridging the Order Visibility Gap
Service providers are under tremendous pressure to turn up new services faster then before and, at the same time,
to do it at less expense - and intra-office fiber is one of the biggest challenges in terms of both cost and service
From the Blog
Join the Discussion
Get more out of Connected Planet by visiting our related resources below:
Connected Planet highlights the next generation of service providers, as well as how their customers use services in new ways.Subscribe Now