Vonage targets the unwired world
New calling plan expands international reach to mobile phone users in 42 countries
VoIP giant Vonage has announced a new World Premium Unlimited calling plan, enabling unlimited calling to 80 countries, including unlimited calling to mobile phones in 42 countries.
The new plan, priced at $54.99 per month, expands on Vonage’s existing World plan, which has offered unlimited calling mostly to landlines in about 60 countries. Mike Tempora, senior vice president of product management for Vonage, said the new plan was developed more with mobile users in mind, as well as in response to the high per-minute rates callers from the U.S. to many countries still pay.
“What we have seen is that more of our customers are calling to reach a person, not a location, but typically, calling rates remain very high-priced,” he said. “In the U.S., you see companies with unlimited voice plans, but with international calling, consumers are still frustrated paying high per-minute prices.”
Tempora suggested that users of the new plan who call as little as one hour per week to mobile phones in countries like Mexico and the UK will save as much as $400 or more a year over the rates charged by many major mobile carriers.
International calling to mobile phones is becoming fertile ground for new VoIP partnerships and calling plans. Last week, Jajah and Voxbone began offering O2 mobile customers in the U.K. a virtual local number to help them save on overseas calls. Sprint and Google Voice also announced a partnership with potential international calling implications at last month’s CTIA Wireless trade show.
Want to use this article? Click here for options!
© 2013 Penton Media Inc.
In this Webinar you will learn how to create a real-time relationship with your customers, how to proactively improve the customer experience, and how to successfully target and cross-sell services to boost incremental revenue.
- Megabytes to Megabucks, Bandwidth to Business Models: How 4G Is Changing Everything
- How to Unplug Your Redundant Telco Apps To Save Money and Improve Efficiency
- When IaaS Isn't Enough: Service Provider Business Models to Drive Growth and Build Margin
- How to Transform Your Aging Telco Voice Network to Drive New Profits and Revenue
- Creative Licensing Approaches for Telcos & Their Network Equipment Vendors
- Smart Home Opportunity: Balancing Customer Data & Privacy
This paper discusses the rise of Diameter and benefits of Diameter Protocol.
- Conducting The Orchestration – Order Management at the Speed of Business
- Toward a Converged Network Edge
- Beyond Spam – Email Security in the Age of Blended Threats
- 6 Important Steps to Evaluating a Web Filtering Solution
- The Expertise to Protect You from Botnet and DDoS Attacks
- Seeing is Believing – Bridging the Order Visibility Gap
Service providers are under tremendous pressure to turn up new services faster then before and, at the same time,
to do it at less expense - and intra-office fiber is one of the biggest challenges in terms of both cost and service
From the Blog
Join the Discussion
Get more out of Connected Planet by visiting our related resources below:
Connected Planet highlights the next generation of service providers, as well as how their customers use services in new ways.Subscribe Now