HomeGrid picks TRaC for G.hn testing
Certification of products to comply with broad home networking gets closer to reality
The G.hn home networking standard has taken another step toward industry adoption, with G.hn trade group the HomeGrid Forum announcing this week that it has chosen U.K.-based TRaC as the testing lab for its product certification program.
A testing house more than 60 years old, TRaC is headquartered in Malvern, U.K., but also has a testing lab in Santa Clara, Calif., and other locations. HomeGrid has indicated that other testing houses could be named to support its G.hn Compliance & Interoperability program, but the designation of the first lab means that chipmakers and vendor of home networking devices now have a party to work with on scheduling testing to earn the HomeGRid certification logo on their products.
TRaC actually has worked on similar programs for telecom industry groups such as the Broadband Forum and the ZigBee Alliance, and HomeGrid Forum President Matt Theall said the testing house was selected with this experience in mind.
Manufacturers have been lining up G.hn solutions since before the standard’s formal approval by the ITU last June, and the standard has garnered some early interest among major carriers such as AT&T. For now, though, the home networking market continues to be fragmented by followers of technologies such as Wi-Fi, HomePNA, MoCA and HomePlug.
Want to use this article? Click here for options!
© 2013 Penton Media Inc.
In this Webinar you will learn how to create a real-time relationship with your customers, how to proactively improve the customer experience, and how to successfully target and cross-sell services to boost incremental revenue.
- Megabytes to Megabucks, Bandwidth to Business Models: How 4G Is Changing Everything
- How to Unplug Your Redundant Telco Apps To Save Money and Improve Efficiency
- When IaaS Isn't Enough: Service Provider Business Models to Drive Growth and Build Margin
- How to Transform Your Aging Telco Voice Network to Drive New Profits and Revenue
- Creative Licensing Approaches for Telcos & Their Network Equipment Vendors
- Smart Home Opportunity: Balancing Customer Data & Privacy
This paper discusses the rise of Diameter and benefits of Diameter Protocol.
- Conducting The Orchestration – Order Management at the Speed of Business
- Toward a Converged Network Edge
- Beyond Spam – Email Security in the Age of Blended Threats
- 6 Important Steps to Evaluating a Web Filtering Solution
- The Expertise to Protect You from Botnet and DDoS Attacks
- Seeing is Believing – Bridging the Order Visibility Gap
Service providers are under tremendous pressure to turn up new services faster then before and, at the same time,
to do it at less expense - and intra-office fiber is one of the biggest challenges in terms of both cost and service
From the Blog
Join the Discussion
Get more out of Connected Planet by visiting our related resources below:
Connected Planet highlights the next generation of service providers, as well as how their customers use services in new ways.Subscribe Now