AT&T claims spot on HomeGrid board
Directorial role for Tom Starr comes after supportive comments about G.hn home networking standard
AT&T has become a Promoter Member of the HomeGrid Forum, and will serve on the groupís board of directors, a move which further formalizes the carrierís past interest in the international home networking standard.
The news may not be that much of a surprise, given that the U.S. telco giant showed support for G.hn as far back as 2009, saying the technology held promise for self-installed triple play services. It is not the first carrier to join the forumís board of directors, as BT and Spainís Telefonica also have board representation.
Tom Starr, lead member of the Technical Staff at AT&T and a telecom industry expert, will serve as the AT&T representative on the board. Starr is also the chairman of the ITU-T working groups, which developed the G.hn standard, and chairman of the Broadband Forum. Vernon Reed, Lead Member of Technical Staff of AT&T Labs in Austin, Tex., will serve as an alternate HomeGrid board member.
G.hn backers gathered in Geneva, Switzerland, last week for what was scheduled to be the sectorís first interoperability plugfest. The HomeGrid Forum also recently approved usage of multiple input/multiple output technology with the G.hn standard.
Want to use this article? Click here for options!
© 2013 Penton Media Inc.
In this Webinar you will learn how to create a real-time relationship with your customers, how to proactively improve the customer experience, and how to successfully target and cross-sell services to boost incremental revenue.
- Megabytes to Megabucks, Bandwidth to Business Models: How 4G Is Changing Everything
- How to Unplug Your Redundant Telco Apps To Save Money and Improve Efficiency
- When IaaS Isn't Enough: Service Provider Business Models to Drive Growth and Build Margin
- How to Transform Your Aging Telco Voice Network to Drive New Profits and Revenue
- Creative Licensing Approaches for Telcos & Their Network Equipment Vendors
- Smart Home Opportunity: Balancing Customer Data & Privacy
This paper discusses the rise of Diameter and benefits of Diameter Protocol.
- Conducting The Orchestration Ė Order Management at the Speed of Business
- Toward a Converged Network Edge
- Beyond Spam Ė Email Security in the Age of Blended Threats
- 6 Important Steps to Evaluating a Web Filtering Solution
- The Expertise to Protect You from Botnet and DDoS Attacks
- Seeing is Believing Ė Bridging the Order Visibility Gap
Service providers are under tremendous pressure to turn up new services faster then before and, at the same time,
to do it at less expense - and intra-office fiber is one of the biggest challenges in terms of both cost and service
From the Blog
Join the Discussion
Get more out of Connected Planet by visiting our related resources below:
Connected Planet highlights the next generation of service providers, as well as how their customers use services in new ways.Subscribe Now