Judge dismisses Cablevision suit
A New York State Supreme Court Judge has dismissed a Cablevision lawsuit which challenged Verizon’s video franchise in Massapequa Park, NY.
The cable company had claimed that city officials illegally deliberated in private before giving Verizon a cable franchise last September. Verizon announced its FiOS TV service rollout earlier this year, after its franchise agreement was approved, with revisions, by the New York Public Service Commission, The PSC has since approved two other Verizon franchises.
Judge Anthony Parga issued a 10-page ruling that was dated Jan. 23 and made public last week, saying Cablevision failed to provide an basis for overturning the ruling.
Cablevision has not indicated whether or not it will appeal.
The ruling does aid Verizon as it moves more aggressively in New York. The company has announced nine new FiOS deployments in New York this month, including seven more on Long Island, which is major stomping grounds for Cablevision.
Want to use this article? Click here for options!
© 2013 Penton Media Inc.
In this Webinar you will learn how to create a real-time relationship with your customers, how to proactively improve the customer experience, and how to successfully target and cross-sell services to boost incremental revenue.
- Megabytes to Megabucks, Bandwidth to Business Models: How 4G Is Changing Everything
- How to Unplug Your Redundant Telco Apps To Save Money and Improve Efficiency
- When IaaS Isn't Enough: Service Provider Business Models to Drive Growth and Build Margin
- How to Transform Your Aging Telco Voice Network to Drive New Profits and Revenue
- Creative Licensing Approaches for Telcos & Their Network Equipment Vendors
- Smart Home Opportunity: Balancing Customer Data & Privacy
This paper discusses the rise of Diameter and benefits of Diameter Protocol.
- Conducting The Orchestration – Order Management at the Speed of Business
- Toward a Converged Network Edge
- Beyond Spam – Email Security in the Age of Blended Threats
- 6 Important Steps to Evaluating a Web Filtering Solution
- The Expertise to Protect You from Botnet and DDoS Attacks
- Seeing is Believing – Bridging the Order Visibility Gap
Service providers are under tremendous pressure to turn up new services faster then before and, at the same time,
to do it at less expense - and intra-office fiber is one of the biggest challenges in terms of both cost and service
From the Blog
Join the Discussion
Get more out of Connected Planet by visiting our related resources below:
Connected Planet highlights the next generation of service providers, as well as how their customers use services in new ways.Subscribe Now