SBC chooses Lucent IMS
A day after Cingular said it will use Lucent Technologies’ IP multimedia subsystem architecture, or IMS, one of its parent companies, SBC Communications, said it also is using the Lucent IMS platform.
SBC will use IMS to integrate wireless and wireline service offerings to deliver a "grand slam" bundle that includes video and high-speed data in late 2006 or early 2007, the company announced. IMS is rapidly becoming the next architectural shift within telecom, to address the immediate need for fixed/mobile convergence and to enable new services.
Lucent will provide IMS-based hardware and software, as well as integration and technical support services, including integration of other vendors’ gear.
SBC’s goal is to enable customers to use IP-based voice, video and data services across its network, on multiple types of devices, whether they are using a wireline or wireless network.
Lucent will provide its Lucent Session Manager, including the service broker function; the Lucent Feature Server; Lucent Unified Subscriber Data Server; Lucent Network Controller; Lucent Network Gateway; Lucent Communication Manager with next-generation features; MiLife Application Server and MiLife SurePay Solutions.
Want to use this article? Click here for options!
© 2013 Penton Media Inc.
In this Webinar you will learn how to create a real-time relationship with your customers, how to proactively improve the customer experience, and how to successfully target and cross-sell services to boost incremental revenue.
- Megabytes to Megabucks, Bandwidth to Business Models: How 4G Is Changing Everything
- How to Unplug Your Redundant Telco Apps To Save Money and Improve Efficiency
- When IaaS Isn't Enough: Service Provider Business Models to Drive Growth and Build Margin
- How to Transform Your Aging Telco Voice Network to Drive New Profits and Revenue
- Creative Licensing Approaches for Telcos & Their Network Equipment Vendors
- Smart Home Opportunity: Balancing Customer Data & Privacy
This paper discusses the rise of Diameter and benefits of Diameter Protocol.
- Conducting The Orchestration – Order Management at the Speed of Business
- Toward a Converged Network Edge
- Beyond Spam – Email Security in the Age of Blended Threats
- 6 Important Steps to Evaluating a Web Filtering Solution
- The Expertise to Protect You from Botnet and DDoS Attacks
- Seeing is Believing – Bridging the Order Visibility Gap
Service providers are under tremendous pressure to turn up new services faster then before and, at the same time,
to do it at less expense - and intra-office fiber is one of the biggest challenges in terms of both cost and service
From the Blog
Join the Discussion
Get more out of Connected Planet by visiting our related resources below:
Connected Planet highlights the next generation of service providers, as well as how their customers use services in new ways.Subscribe Now