White Rock suspends operations
The directors of White Rock Networks decided to suspend virtually all of the company’s operations today and furlough most of its employees while the company attempts to quickly end its search for an acquirer.
In an e-mail obtained by Telephony today, White Rock Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer Lonnie Martin said, “It gives me and our team no pleasure whatsoever to reach this juncture after nearly seven years of working hard to establish White Rock as one of the long-term successful participants in the metro optical systems market place. Fundamentally, the telecom depression and all of its residue took too big and too long a toll on younger entrants like us, and at the end of the day, we could not look our investors in the eye a sixth time and convince them that millions more in equity would make our future dramatically better.”
Telephony will update this story as it unfolds.
Want to use this article? Click here for options!
© 2013 Penton Media Inc.
In this Webinar you will learn how to create a real-time relationship with your customers, how to proactively improve the customer experience, and how to successfully target and cross-sell services to boost incremental revenue.
- Megabytes to Megabucks, Bandwidth to Business Models: How 4G Is Changing Everything
- How to Unplug Your Redundant Telco Apps To Save Money and Improve Efficiency
- When IaaS Isn't Enough: Service Provider Business Models to Drive Growth and Build Margin
- How to Transform Your Aging Telco Voice Network to Drive New Profits and Revenue
- Creative Licensing Approaches for Telcos & Their Network Equipment Vendors
- Smart Home Opportunity: Balancing Customer Data & Privacy
This paper discusses the rise of Diameter and benefits of Diameter Protocol.
- Conducting The Orchestration – Order Management at the Speed of Business
- Toward a Converged Network Edge
- Beyond Spam – Email Security in the Age of Blended Threats
- 6 Important Steps to Evaluating a Web Filtering Solution
- The Expertise to Protect You from Botnet and DDoS Attacks
- Seeing is Believing – Bridging the Order Visibility Gap
Service providers are under tremendous pressure to turn up new services faster then before and, at the same time,
to do it at less expense - and intra-office fiber is one of the biggest challenges in terms of both cost and service
From the Blog
Join the Discussion
Get more out of Connected Planet by visiting our related resources below:
Connected Planet highlights the next generation of service providers, as well as how their customers use services in new ways.Subscribe Now