SNL Kagan: Robust global IPTV CAGR to continue
Western Europe may still lead all regions in subscribers by 2014; Service revenue to more than double
IPTV still serves only 6 percent of the global base of pay TV subscribers, but the sector has carried a 92.4 percent compound annual growth rate for the last six years and should maintain strong growth through 2014, according to research firm SNL Kagan.
Last summer, SNL Kagan forecasted the global IPTV market to reach about 60 million customers by 2013. In its most recent follow-up, the firm said that Western Europe alone will have 26.7 million IPTV households by 2014, making it the continuing regional leader in IPTV subscribers. However, China will have 12.4 million IPTV subscribers by 2014, SNL Kagan said, and other market research has suggested that China will surpass France later this year to become the single most successful country for IPTV sign-ups. As usual, several market research firms have weighed in with IPTV forecasts for the coming years, and the numbers vary widely.
The U.S. will drop to third place in IPTV subscriptions by 2014, SNL Kagan said, while Latin America and Eastern Europe will see subscriber jumps of 114 percent and roughly 24 percent CAGR respectively between last year and 2014.
SNL Kagan also said that IPTV service revenues will grow from $12.9 billion in 2010 to $27 billion in 2014, and will account for about 11 percent of global pay TV revenues.
Want to use this article? Click here for options!
© 2013 Penton Media Inc.
In this Webinar you will learn how to create a real-time relationship with your customers, how to proactively improve the customer experience, and how to successfully target and cross-sell services to boost incremental revenue.
- Megabytes to Megabucks, Bandwidth to Business Models: How 4G Is Changing Everything
- How to Unplug Your Redundant Telco Apps To Save Money and Improve Efficiency
- When IaaS Isn't Enough: Service Provider Business Models to Drive Growth and Build Margin
- How to Transform Your Aging Telco Voice Network to Drive New Profits and Revenue
- Creative Licensing Approaches for Telcos & Their Network Equipment Vendors
- Smart Home Opportunity: Balancing Customer Data & Privacy
This paper discusses the rise of Diameter and benefits of Diameter Protocol.
- Conducting The Orchestration – Order Management at the Speed of Business
- Toward a Converged Network Edge
- Beyond Spam – Email Security in the Age of Blended Threats
- 6 Important Steps to Evaluating a Web Filtering Solution
- The Expertise to Protect You from Botnet and DDoS Attacks
- Seeing is Believing – Bridging the Order Visibility Gap
Service providers are under tremendous pressure to turn up new services faster then before and, at the same time,
to do it at less expense - and intra-office fiber is one of the biggest challenges in terms of both cost and service
From the Blog
Join the Discussion
Get more out of Connected Planet by visiting our related resources below:
Connected Planet highlights the next generation of service providers, as well as how their customers use services in new ways.Subscribe Now