Verizon owns 81% of U.S. FTTH subs
Verizon Communications owns about 81% of all fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) subscribers in the United States, according to a report released today from Ovum-RHK.
The number of FTTH subscribers in the U.S. grew 34% in the second quarter to 463,000. Verizon laid claim to 375,000 of them. Of the 118,000 new subscribers added throughout the country that quarter, 110,000 were customers of Verizon’s FiOS service.
Verizon reported having penetrated 15% of the markets where it offers FiOS, with video service penetration of 7% after three months and 10% after six months. If nationwide video franchising becomes reality, Ovum-RHK said, those numbers should rise much higher. Verizon is deploying FTTH in a total of 730 U.S. communities.The remaining 19% of the domestic FTTH market is divided among other Bell carriers, independent telcos and municipalities.
Want to use this article? Click here for options!
© 2013 Penton Media Inc.
In this Webinar you will learn how to create a real-time relationship with your customers, how to proactively improve the customer experience, and how to successfully target and cross-sell services to boost incremental revenue.
- Megabytes to Megabucks, Bandwidth to Business Models: How 4G Is Changing Everything
- How to Unplug Your Redundant Telco Apps To Save Money and Improve Efficiency
- When IaaS Isn't Enough: Service Provider Business Models to Drive Growth and Build Margin
- How to Transform Your Aging Telco Voice Network to Drive New Profits and Revenue
- Creative Licensing Approaches for Telcos & Their Network Equipment Vendors
- Smart Home Opportunity: Balancing Customer Data & Privacy
This paper discusses the rise of Diameter and benefits of Diameter Protocol.
- Conducting The Orchestration – Order Management at the Speed of Business
- Toward a Converged Network Edge
- Beyond Spam – Email Security in the Age of Blended Threats
- 6 Important Steps to Evaluating a Web Filtering Solution
- The Expertise to Protect You from Botnet and DDoS Attacks
- Seeing is Believing – Bridging the Order Visibility Gap
Service providers are under tremendous pressure to turn up new services faster then before and, at the same time,
to do it at less expense - and intra-office fiber is one of the biggest challenges in terms of both cost and service
From the Blog
Join the Discussion
Get more out of Connected Planet by visiting our related resources below:
Connected Planet highlights the next generation of service providers, as well as how their customers use services in new ways.Subscribe Now