$30M richer, Hammerhead hiring
Hammerhead Systems announced $30 million in new funding today, bringing the four-year-old equipment vendor's total funding to $80 million.
Though all of the company's existing vendors participated in the C-series round, it was led by new investor Silver Creek Ventures and joined by another new investor, Apex Venture Partners.
Hammerhead will use the new funds to expand sales, marketing and customer support as well as accelerate product development and scale manufacturing.
"We're looking to do a lot of hiring--engineering, operations, support, sales," a company spokesman said, adding that the company is looking to increase its 80-person workforce by more than 25%.
In 2004, Hammerhead introduced what it called a "layer 2.5 aggregation" platform, the HSX 6000 switch, to help carriers migrate to Ethernet services. Last year the company added support for IPTV applications to the platform.
In June 2005, a reseller agreement Hammerhead had established with Fujitsu Network Communications a year earlier expanded to become an original equipment manufacturer partnership. Fujitsu now sells the HSX 6000 as its own Flashwave 6400 Layer 2.5 aggregation switch.
Want to use this article? Click here for options!
© 2014 Penton Media Inc.
In this Webinar you will learn how to create a real-time relationship with your customers, how to proactively improve the customer experience, and how to successfully target and cross-sell services to boost incremental revenue.
- Megabytes to Megabucks, Bandwidth to Business Models: How 4G Is Changing Everything
- How to Unplug Your Redundant Telco Apps To Save Money and Improve Efficiency
- When IaaS Isn't Enough: Service Provider Business Models to Drive Growth and Build Margin
- How to Transform Your Aging Telco Voice Network to Drive New Profits and Revenue
- Creative Licensing Approaches for Telcos & Their Network Equipment Vendors
- Smart Home Opportunity: Balancing Customer Data & Privacy
This paper discusses the rise of Diameter and benefits of Diameter Protocol.
- Conducting The Orchestration – Order Management at the Speed of Business
- Toward a Converged Network Edge
- Beyond Spam – Email Security in the Age of Blended Threats
- 6 Important Steps to Evaluating a Web Filtering Solution
- The Expertise to Protect You from Botnet and DDoS Attacks
- Seeing is Believing – Bridging the Order Visibility Gap
Service providers are under tremendous pressure to turn up new services faster then before and, at the same time,
to do it at less expense - and intra-office fiber is one of the biggest challenges in terms of both cost and service
From the Blog
Join the Discussion
Get more out of Connected Planet by visiting our related resources below:
Connected Planet highlights the next generation of service providers, as well as how their customers use services in new ways.Subscribe Now