CA's network managers 'not just for networks anymore'
CA has taken the word "network" out of the names of its Spectrum and eHealth performance management platforms, signaling that the newest versions of those products, whose focus has expanded to virtualized data center environments and databases, aren't just for networks anymore.
Release 9.1 of CA's Spectrum Infrastructure Manager now applies to physical and virtualized data centers the performance management capabilities that it once applied just to carrier networks. For example, the software picks up alerts and alarms on virtual and physical servers, understands the relevance of those alarms to related infrastructure, can isolate faults and perform root-cause analysis.
Spectrum places an agent on the server that hosts VMWare's virtualized data center management console and frequently communicates with VMWare's system.
As telecom service providers move more toward virtualized data centers, using the same software to manage those environments that they already used to manage their networks simplifies operations but also could cut out blame games between networking and data center people, CA said.
"If you have a dedicated server management team that doesn't talk to the network team, there's a lot of finger-pointing," said Steve Guthrie, CA's director of product marketing. "It's all about mean time to innocence."
Likewise, release 6.1.1 of CA's eHealth Performance manager, which takes a more proactive approach toward analyzing performance and aids in capacity planning, includes support for physical and virtual servers.
Want to use this article? Click here for options!
© 2013 Penton Media Inc.
In this Webinar you will learn how to create a real-time relationship with your customers, how to proactively improve the customer experience, and how to successfully target and cross-sell services to boost incremental revenue.
- Megabytes to Megabucks, Bandwidth to Business Models: How 4G Is Changing Everything
- How to Unplug Your Redundant Telco Apps To Save Money and Improve Efficiency
- When IaaS Isn't Enough: Service Provider Business Models to Drive Growth and Build Margin
- How to Transform Your Aging Telco Voice Network to Drive New Profits and Revenue
- Creative Licensing Approaches for Telcos & Their Network Equipment Vendors
- Smart Home Opportunity: Balancing Customer Data & Privacy
This paper discusses the rise of Diameter and benefits of Diameter Protocol.
- Conducting The Orchestration – Order Management at the Speed of Business
- Toward a Converged Network Edge
- Beyond Spam – Email Security in the Age of Blended Threats
- 6 Important Steps to Evaluating a Web Filtering Solution
- The Expertise to Protect You from Botnet and DDoS Attacks
- Seeing is Believing – Bridging the Order Visibility Gap
Service providers are under tremendous pressure to turn up new services faster then before and, at the same time,
to do it at less expense - and intra-office fiber is one of the biggest challenges in terms of both cost and service
From the Blog
Join the Discussion
Get more out of Connected Planet by visiting our related resources below:
Connected Planet highlights the next generation of service providers, as well as how their customers use services in new ways.Subscribe Now