AT&T launches managed mobile application platform
Pyxis Mobile to supply underlying software
AT&T has announced that it is offering a managed version of its Mobile Enterprise Application Platform (MEAP), which enables enterprises to offer applications across a range of devices, including PCs, smartphones and tablets. The new offering, dubbed MEAP- Managed Solution, provides software from Pyxis Mobile, application development and management on AT&Tís Synaptic Hosting Infrastructure (CP: AT&T enhances cloud services), integration, and professional services.
The new offering could be used to help companies develop brand new applications or to extend existing applications to mobile users, said Chris Hill, vice president of Advanced Mobility Solutions for AT&T Business Solutions (CP: Q&A: AT&T drives enterprise mobility with innovation centers, apps focus), in an email to Connected Planet.
ďAT&T can support all aspects of helping a customer manage core business applications that are being extended to mobile devices across multiple operating systems,Ē said Hill. ďAT&Tís experts work with customersí application development teams to put it all together and ensure the apps are reliable and highly secure.Ē
AT&T is essentially an end-to-end solution provider, Hill said.
The MEAP platform provides middleware technology and development tools aimed at efficiently and securely extending leading enterprise requirements planning, customer relationship management and custom back-end applications in mobile devices, along with consulting services and application management services.
Consulting services help facilitate business case development for mobile solutions, requirements definition, application development, testing, deployment and support, Hill said. Application management services provide flexible deployment options and low cost of ownership in a hosted environment, he said.
AT&Tís MEAP solutions should be applicable to businesses in many industries, Hill said. Potential target markets include mobile sales, service and support workers in retail, manufacturing, healthcare, high-tech, medical systems and finance, he said.
Want to use this article? Click here for options!
© 2013 Penton Media Inc.
In this Webinar you will learn how to create a real-time relationship with your customers, how to proactively improve the customer experience, and how to successfully target and cross-sell services to boost incremental revenue.
- Megabytes to Megabucks, Bandwidth to Business Models: How 4G Is Changing Everything
- How to Unplug Your Redundant Telco Apps To Save Money and Improve Efficiency
- When IaaS Isn't Enough: Service Provider Business Models to Drive Growth and Build Margin
- How to Transform Your Aging Telco Voice Network to Drive New Profits and Revenue
- Creative Licensing Approaches for Telcos & Their Network Equipment Vendors
- Smart Home Opportunity: Balancing Customer Data & Privacy
This paper discusses the rise of Diameter and benefits of Diameter Protocol.
- Conducting The Orchestration Ė Order Management at the Speed of Business
- Toward a Converged Network Edge
- Beyond Spam Ė Email Security in the Age of Blended Threats
- 6 Important Steps to Evaluating a Web Filtering Solution
- The Expertise to Protect You from Botnet and DDoS Attacks
- Seeing is Believing Ė Bridging the Order Visibility Gap
Service providers are under tremendous pressure to turn up new services faster then before and, at the same time,
to do it at less expense - and intra-office fiber is one of the biggest challenges in terms of both cost and service
From the Blog
Join the Discussion
Get more out of Connected Planet by visiting our related resources below:
Connected Planet highlights the next generation of service providers, as well as how their customers use services in new ways.Subscribe Now