Oracle aims to flatten mobile silos, simplify billing
New solution creates a 'digital content retailing' that service providers can use to deliver and monetize an array of digital content
Oracle’s new Connected Digital Lifestyle solution, announced this week, gives communications service providers a unified platform for mobile content management, delivery, advertising - and billing.
The product is designed to enhance an operator’s service delivery platform, enabling them to leverage network assets to deliver revenue-generating applications. Essentially it is an end-to-end digital content retailing platform that allows service providers to increase revenue and customer loyalty across multiple touch points.
Importantly, the product incorporates in-app billing to simplify the purchasing experience and increase revenue through significantly higher conversion rates, as service providers take advantage of the customer’s ‘impulsive buy’ moment.
In addition, the product supports other trends that service providers need to address to become the platform on which the world turns, including multi-channel advertising capabilities; location and subscriber profile targeting and the ability to leverage key customer intelligence and network assets, such as location-based services, billing and messaging. The product can also leverage network assets by exposing them as Web 2.0 APIs. This means that CSPs can quickly create innovative applications and services.
At the same time Oracle announced the release of its Billing and Revenue Management upgrade – 7.5 – which aims to allow enterprises to unify their charging, introduce new systems across silos and business groups, support a variety of online charging concepts and through their upgraded mediation product control all network products from a single console.
Products of this kind will help service providers break out of the traditional billing models that have constrained them and generate new revenue streams from assets they control. It will, along the way increase customer loyalty and, through in- app billing, put another nail in the coffin of the more complex and expensive mobile payments solutions.
Want to use this article? Click here for options!
© 2013 Penton Media Inc.
In this Webinar you will learn how to create a real-time relationship with your customers, how to proactively improve the customer experience, and how to successfully target and cross-sell services to boost incremental revenue.
- Megabytes to Megabucks, Bandwidth to Business Models: How 4G Is Changing Everything
- How to Unplug Your Redundant Telco Apps To Save Money and Improve Efficiency
- When IaaS Isn't Enough: Service Provider Business Models to Drive Growth and Build Margin
- How to Transform Your Aging Telco Voice Network to Drive New Profits and Revenue
- Creative Licensing Approaches for Telcos & Their Network Equipment Vendors
- Smart Home Opportunity: Balancing Customer Data & Privacy
This paper discusses the rise of Diameter and benefits of Diameter Protocol.
- Conducting The Orchestration – Order Management at the Speed of Business
- Toward a Converged Network Edge
- Beyond Spam – Email Security in the Age of Blended Threats
- 6 Important Steps to Evaluating a Web Filtering Solution
- The Expertise to Protect You from Botnet and DDoS Attacks
- Seeing is Believing – Bridging the Order Visibility Gap
Service providers are under tremendous pressure to turn up new services faster then before and, at the same time,
to do it at less expense - and intra-office fiber is one of the biggest challenges in terms of both cost and service
From the Blog
Join the Discussion
Get more out of Connected Planet by visiting our related resources below:
Connected Planet highlights the next generation of service providers, as well as how their customers use services in new ways.Subscribe Now