RCN adds wireless
RCN today announced it has added wireless service to its bundled offering, partnering with MobilePro initially in its Boston market.
The RCN quadruple play will be tested in September. MobilePro is providing the wireless service including sales, provisioning, billing and customer care. perform all supporting activities, including sales, provisioning, billing, and customer care. The service will carry the brand name RCN Wireless, and feature a variety of plans depending on quantity of use, including a family plan. RCN will promote the service as part of its bundled service offerings.
This trial vaults RCN in wireless service along with its cable brethren. Four major cable players – Comcast, Time Warner, Cox and Advance/Newhouse – are currently engaged in a wireless partnership with Sprint Nextel that is expected to reach customers later this year. The cable operators will act as MVNOs in reselling Sprint services.
Want to use this article? Click here for options!
© 2013 Penton Media Inc.
In this Webinar you will learn how to create a real-time relationship with your customers, how to proactively improve the customer experience, and how to successfully target and cross-sell services to boost incremental revenue.
- Megabytes to Megabucks, Bandwidth to Business Models: How 4G Is Changing Everything
- How to Unplug Your Redundant Telco Apps To Save Money and Improve Efficiency
- When IaaS Isn't Enough: Service Provider Business Models to Drive Growth and Build Margin
- How to Transform Your Aging Telco Voice Network to Drive New Profits and Revenue
- Creative Licensing Approaches for Telcos & Their Network Equipment Vendors
- Smart Home Opportunity: Balancing Customer Data & Privacy
This paper discusses the rise of Diameter and benefits of Diameter Protocol.
- Conducting The Orchestration – Order Management at the Speed of Business
- Toward a Converged Network Edge
- Beyond Spam – Email Security in the Age of Blended Threats
- 6 Important Steps to Evaluating a Web Filtering Solution
- The Expertise to Protect You from Botnet and DDoS Attacks
- Seeing is Believing – Bridging the Order Visibility Gap
Service providers are under tremendous pressure to turn up new services faster then before and, at the same time,
to do it at less expense - and intra-office fiber is one of the biggest challenges in terms of both cost and service
From the Blog
Join the Discussion
Get more out of Connected Planet by visiting our related resources below:
Connected Planet highlights the next generation of service providers, as well as how their customers use services in new ways.Subscribe Now