Comptel: Verizon wholesale seeks national service
LAS VEGAS--Verizon Partner Solutions, the company’s wholesale arm, is responding to customer demand by creating a national wholesale service with uniform pricing.
The effort is part of Verizon’s determination to differentiate its wholesale services and cater to its wholesale customers, said Quintin Lew, vice president of marketing and sales for Verizon Partner Solutions.
“Our customers have been calling for a single national service,” he said. “Right now, we have different cost structures in different regions of the country, based on the legacy regulatory world. By April, we will have a national plan so that customers who use our services nationwide can have a single plan that covers our entire footprint.”
Verizon can then offer them volume discounts on that plan, based on their volume commitments, Lew said. “We are still working on the mechanics – it has taken one-and-a-half years to work these things out, and we will still have to honor the old tariffs. But we can look at our margins and how things have shifted since the old tariffs were filed.”
The company also is working on the ordering and billing support for a national service. This is the latest effort by Verizon to differentiate its long-distance services. Others include national Service Level Agreements, a bandwidth-on-demand service that is currently being trailed but is expected to be deployed in New York in the second half of this year.
Lew said Verizon is also prepared to be very aggressive on pricing, taking advantage of its regulatory forbearance to “very aggressively increase market share.”
Want to use this article? Click here for options!
© 2013 Penton Media Inc.
In this Webinar you will learn how to create a real-time relationship with your customers, how to proactively improve the customer experience, and how to successfully target and cross-sell services to boost incremental revenue.
- Megabytes to Megabucks, Bandwidth to Business Models: How 4G Is Changing Everything
- How to Unplug Your Redundant Telco Apps To Save Money and Improve Efficiency
- When IaaS Isn't Enough: Service Provider Business Models to Drive Growth and Build Margin
- How to Transform Your Aging Telco Voice Network to Drive New Profits and Revenue
- Creative Licensing Approaches for Telcos & Their Network Equipment Vendors
- Smart Home Opportunity: Balancing Customer Data & Privacy
This paper discusses the rise of Diameter and benefits of Diameter Protocol.
- Conducting The Orchestration – Order Management at the Speed of Business
- Toward a Converged Network Edge
- Beyond Spam – Email Security in the Age of Blended Threats
- 6 Important Steps to Evaluating a Web Filtering Solution
- The Expertise to Protect You from Botnet and DDoS Attacks
- Seeing is Believing – Bridging the Order Visibility Gap
Service providers are under tremendous pressure to turn up new services faster then before and, at the same time,
to do it at less expense - and intra-office fiber is one of the biggest challenges in terms of both cost and service
From the Blog
Join the Discussion
Get more out of Connected Planet by visiting our related resources below:
Connected Planet highlights the next generation of service providers, as well as how their customers use services in new ways.Subscribe Now