Telution launches VoIP support with Z-Tel
OSS provider Telution added operations support capabilities for voice over IP to its COMX product suite this week and announced its deployment at Z-Tel Communications.
Z-Tel will use Telution’s softswitch integration capabilities as it rolls out VoIP service to its small- to medium-sized business customers as well as multiple dwelling units. Z-Tel already uses COMX for its UNE-P services.
"Not only does the Z-Tel work give us a very good platform for doing VoIP, it also provides a good case study on how to help customers using UNE-P to move to more of a facilities-based model using VoIP as the backbone," said John Konczal, vice president of product marketing at Telution.
Telution’s new VoIP solution provides upfront order entry and billing enablement for Z-Tel’s VoIP services such as Personal Voice Assistant, which is a voice-activated virtual address book. It also will help manage the bundling of triple-play services and service personalization.
Using a softswitch integration solution recently developed, Telution interfaces with Z-Tel’s Cisco softswitch. Efforts are also underway to interface with other softswitch vendors.
"We have developed an XML provisioning engine for generically understanding VoIP on [any] softswitch and we can then apply that generic implementation to other softswitch variants," Konczal said.
Telution’s VoIP solution also provides an open set of order handling, service control, service assurance, revenue management and business reporting modules specifically developed for VoIP.
Want to use this article? Click here for options!
© 2013 Penton Media Inc.
In this Webinar you will learn how to create a real-time relationship with your customers, how to proactively improve the customer experience, and how to successfully target and cross-sell services to boost incremental revenue.
- Megabytes to Megabucks, Bandwidth to Business Models: How 4G Is Changing Everything
- How to Unplug Your Redundant Telco Apps To Save Money and Improve Efficiency
- When IaaS Isn't Enough: Service Provider Business Models to Drive Growth and Build Margin
- How to Transform Your Aging Telco Voice Network to Drive New Profits and Revenue
- Creative Licensing Approaches for Telcos & Their Network Equipment Vendors
- Smart Home Opportunity: Balancing Customer Data & Privacy
This paper discusses the rise of Diameter and benefits of Diameter Protocol.
- Conducting The Orchestration – Order Management at the Speed of Business
- Toward a Converged Network Edge
- Beyond Spam – Email Security in the Age of Blended Threats
- 6 Important Steps to Evaluating a Web Filtering Solution
- The Expertise to Protect You from Botnet and DDoS Attacks
- Seeing is Believing – Bridging the Order Visibility Gap
Service providers are under tremendous pressure to turn up new services faster then before and, at the same time,
to do it at less expense - and intra-office fiber is one of the biggest challenges in terms of both cost and service
From the Blog
Join the Discussion
Get more out of Connected Planet by visiting our related resources below:
Connected Planet highlights the next generation of service providers, as well as how their customers use services in new ways.Subscribe Now